10/27/2020 Guidance from CMS:
"Facilities should use the COVID-19 county positivity rate, found on the COVID-19 Nursing Home Data site as additional information to determine how to facilitate indoor visitation"-
* Low (<5%) = Visitation should occur according to the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention and facility policies (beyond compassionate care visits)
* Medium (5%-10%) = Visitation should occur according to the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention and facility policies (beyond compassionate care visits)
* High (>10%) = Visitation should only occur for compassionate care situations according to the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention and facility policies
As of 10/02/2020 - updated COVID-19 mitigation efforts
The following Visitation Protocol and Plan does not apply to End of Life and Compassionate Care Visits
Visitation Neutral Zones—Weather Not Permitting (Inside)
- Multipurpose Room
- Transitions Small Dining Room
- Heritage Harbor Activity Room
Schedule of Visitation Hours
Visitation will be scheduled through the Administrative Assistant, Alexis Monn (717) 240-1903 or email@example.com. All visits will be by appointment and should be scheduled one week in advance. During the scheduling, the number of visitors allowed will be determined; Social Services and Unit Manager will determine those residents who can safely accept visitors.
- Outdoor visitation is preferred
- Visitation will occur in only Neutral Zones
- Visitors will be screened using the Visitation Tool
- Visitation will be monitored
- Visitation area will be cleaned between visits
- Visitors must wear a face covering or facemask during the entire visit
- Children permitted when accompanied by adult visitor. Adult visitors must be able to manage children. Children 2 years or older must wear a facemask during the entire visit, and maintain strict social distancing from the resident.
- Alcohol-based hand rub will be provided to and used by visitor before and after the visit
- Visitors will stay in designated facility areas only
- Rescheduling or relocating due to inclement weather will be at the discretion of staff
- Screening of visitors for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 will be completed by the staff member or volunteer monitoring the visit. Those that do not pass screening will not be permitted to visit.
- Using the Visitation Tool the visitors will sign in, provide contact information, and sign out upon departure.
- CMS encourages that visitors be COVID-19 tested 2-3 days prior to visitation and that visitors bring documentation of their testing results to the visit.